Total distance from Krabi Agricultural Research and Development Centre to Tha Pom Khlong Song Nam is approximately 27 kilometres.
Krabi-Tha Pom Klong Song Narm is a scenery route in Krabi provincial city starting from Krabi Agricultural Research and Development Centre and heading to Ao Luek district by highway No. 4. This attractive route presents a great combination of culture and nature. Mountain bike is recommended for this route in order to reach sites easily and more enjoyable. Bikers who love to explore nature should not miss this ride.
1. Krabi Agricultural Research and Development Centre
Starting this route from Krabi Agricultural Research and Development Centre, visitors will admire charming nature by riding around with total distance of 3.5 kilometres. This highland area is composed of natural forest, limestone hills, stalactite caves together with Para rubber and oil-palm cultivated areas. Camping sites and shelters are available for tourists at this centre.
- Mountain bikes are highly recommended because of clay and rough road.
- Before entering into the area (in case of heading from town), please be careful of high-speed vehicles while crossing the road.
2. Swamp Ecological Centre Commemorating His Majesty the King’s 80th Birtgday Aniversara
Visitors can ride their bikes to get closer to nature in this pleasant place. This swamp area consists of marsh, limestone islands and limestone hills with greenery scene behind.
– Mountain bikes are highly recommended because of clay and rough road.
3. Ban Tha Klong Goat Farmers Community
This place has been formed by a collaboration of goat farmers in their community. Tourists can visit this natural verdant area among oil-palm plantation.
Mountain bikes are highly recommended because of clay and rough road.
4. Tha Pom Khlong Song Nam
Freshwater swamp among the forest of Tha Pom presents canal connected to mangrove forests. Sea tide water has an effect on this canal’s colour which will become in green jade colour when the sea tide is high. Visitors will feel relaxed and relieved here after a long ride.